default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
Not you?||
Logout|My Dashboard

Ever vigilant: Fast and Furious an attempt at more gun control

Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:45 am

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) undercover operation known as "Fast and Furious" has taken a new turn.

Recently released White House documents show extensive communication between a White House national security staffer, Kevin O'Reilly, and ATF Special Agent William Newell, who helped lead that operation. Contrary to what the Obama administration has consistently maintained, the emails clearly demonstrate that the White House and the ATF Phoenix had direct communications regarding the sale and transport of guns across the U.S.-Mexico border. Currently, investigators believe that thousands of weapons found their way into the hands of suspected traffickers under this program. At least two weapons traced to the program were found on the murder scene of a Border Patrol agent in December 2010. Additional crimes have also been connected with weapons linked to ATF.

  • Discuss

Welcome to the discussion.

3 comments:

    A subscription service is required to post comments.

  • jwhit54 posted at 8:19 am on Sat, Oct 15, 2011.

    jwhit54 Posts: 1

    Anyone following this story knows that the 90% number is false. When these claims first came out the N.R.A. said that the numbers were 17% of all guns found could be traced. It was 90% of that 17% that could be traced back to the U.S. That leaves 83% that came from God knows where. Most likely South American military. This is an attempt by the Obama administration to do an end run around congress and to issue more gun control laws by presidential order. This is the only way they could get it done! This administration has no regard for the rule of law! November 2012 can not come fast enough. Remember this, and vote accordingly

     
  • Desertrat posted at 3:23 pm on Fri, Oct 14, 2011.

    Desertrat Posts: 109

    And now we have even more validation of AG Holder's perjury before Congress--or his incompetence as well as that of his staff. Holder claimed that he hadn't heard of this charade until a few weeks before his May 3rd testimony. Yet internal correspondence showed his involvement back in February, more than a "few weeks" earlier. Now we have the President stating that he'd heard of it on the news in March, and thought it was a rogue group. We are expected to believe that the President would not have spoken with his Attorney General about a rogue group within his domain?

     
  • Desertrat posted at 3:58 pm on Thu, Oct 13, 2011.

    Desertrat Posts: 109

    This is merely the tip of the iceberg. AG Holder is now on record as having lied to Congress.

    The BATFE people have long known of the murderous behavior of the drug gangs. How, then, could they have not known that these very guns would be used in murders? How is it legitimate in any way for a US federal agency to thus aid and abet murder? It would appear that there was no concern about the victims, due to their nationality and/or ethnicity. The only concern was for photo-ops with propaganda against law-abiding citizens of the US.

    This is not just corruption. This is biblical-sense evil.